Thursday, June 23, 2011

Of sirih junjung and nasi minyak

This year, Im gonna be 25. Any single Malay girl out there with the same age of mine will surely has been bombarded with this one and only cepumas question. Bila nak kawen? Heh. Being the eldest of 8 in the family with my younger brother is getting married soon, doesn't make my situation any better.

Being married at 22, my mum has been worried sick that I'm still single and showing no sign of getting married anytime soon. While she should be focusing on my younger brother's wedding, she is quite persistent in talking me into marriage BEFORE my brother. Yes, that will give me about 6 months (or so) to find a candidate and get married. Dude. Scary, really.

Marriage. Not as simple as saying I do (means the 'akad') and you'll live happily ever after. That is just the beginning. And how do you know if you have found the right person to spend your lifetime with. The person who will stick with you no matter what, will accept everything about you even your worst. The person who knows everything about you, knows how to touch my heart. The person who has the chemistry, who speak the same frequency. And the list goes on. I know, nobody's perfect. And you'll never get all the criteria you wish. Well, I guess we'll never know. Jodoh dah tertulis.

It's not that I don't want to get married. Ok, Im the eldest. I have responsibility towards the family. Yet, Im still a student and I don't have extra income to support the family. Yes, I know my parents are still working and they are doing just fine. But, I still want to merasa bagi duit kat mak ayah after kerja, splurge the money on them. Or at least fund my younger siblings for their college/university. You may say that after marriage, I can still do that. Yes, but my responsibility is towards my husband solely. I will have to get his permission to even give a dime to my parents.

Plus, any girl will have their own dream wedding right? Ok, mine is not that luxurious/fantasy/fairy tale-i-will-have-to-spend-over-50k-wedding. The simpler the better. But, of course there are bits of thing that you want according to your taste. Kau nak itu ini, pastu nak guna duit mak ayah, mesti tak best kannnnn. That is why laaa Im not gonna get married anytime soon kot (tapi kalau dah jodoh tak leh la nak tolak kan).

At least, let me finish my master, get a job for at least a year or so. Kumpul duit sikit, baru best. Nak cari calon suami bukan senang dik. Bukan nak demand or anything. But, I know myself. I know what kind of person I go along with. Hanya pada Allah lah kita berharap agar dikurniakan jodoh yang baik buat kita.


Usah dambakan suami semulia Rasullah 
Jika diri tak sehebat Khadijah


Jangan berharap suami sehebat Sulaiman
Andai diri tak secantik Balqis


Usah mengharap suami setampan Yusuf
Jika kasih tak setulus Zulaikha

Tidak perlu mencari suami seteguh Ibrahim
Jika diri tidak sekuat Hajar dan Sarah

Usah bermimpi mendapat lelaki seperti Ali
Jika diri tidak sehebat Fatimah




No comments:

Post a Comment